You have invested resources in a beautiful new video for your company’s website, trade show or other promotional purposes. It has just the right look and feel and a great call to action at the end. There may be one more step for you to consider in order to make your video look as professional as possible. You should consider having your logo animated with sound and adding it to the beginning or end of your videos. This kind of animated opener or closer is called a “stinger,” and it’s usually three to ten seconds long.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider having your company’s logo animated for your videos.
- An animated logo will give all your videos a consistent look and feel. Can you envision the Metro Goldwyn Mayer roaring lion you have seen countless times before a MGM-produced movie starts? A simple animated logo at the beginning of your videos is almost like a mini-commercial, saying, “Here we a again,” Or, it can be used at the end instead of just a static call to action screen.
- It helps your brand mark come to life. Most of the time logos are static, unmoving objects. The motion of video helps your logo come alive through action, color and sound, all representative of your company. A moving logo attracts attention and will help the viewer remember who you are.
- It sets you apart from others. Not every business has an animated logo. Check out your competitor’s videos. Chances are they have not taken the step to add an animated logo, so you have a chance to be just a little more professional in your marketing approach.
- That’s what the big guys do. I know- not all businesses need to behave like major brands. But why not take a cue from companies that have big resources? This is a simple step that can help level the playing field between you and companies twice your size or larger. It’s what the pros do, and so can you.
- It’s not super expensive. You can ask an experienced Adobe After Effects graphic artist to animate your logo for a few hundred dollars. It’s a one-time charge and you can reuse it for years. We often include them as part of a package for our video production clients.
Here are some examples of logo animations to get you thinking about what you can do for your business’ videos. If you want help creating one for your company, we have creative artists on staff who would be happy to help you bring your logo to life. Contact us and we’ll get it done for you.
Nancy Summers is the founder and Chief Idea Officer at Veranos Video and Marketing Services. Veranos Video and Marketing Services is a Tampa video production and marketing company, serving Tampa Bay and the rest of the world. We work closely with our clients to produce great content, and we turn ideas into campaigns that provide results. We provide a full suite of traditional and digital marketing services and we specialize in producing beautiful videos, most with animated logos in them. Contact us at email@example.com.